You do not need a residence permit, if you are a citizen of the European Union. If you stay in Germany for more than 90 days, you need to apply for a residence permit in the local Foreigners Office (“Ausländerbehörde”).
Ask the Welcome Office if you have questions or need any help, such as booking an appointment or getting a confirmation letter about your stay.
You need the following documents:
- application form (available at Welcome Office)
- lease agreement for accommodation
- confirmation landlord of renting a flat (only for Potsdam)
- valid Passport
- copy visa
- passport photograph (biometric)
- proof of valid health insurance (Germany)
- contract of employment/grant/fellowship
- proof of residence in Germany
- certificate of academic degree for BlueCard applications only if you have a TVÖD employment contract
- research agreement (please ask at Welcome Office)
- marriage certificate (if applicable)
- fee 60 € - 110 € per person