• Alberto is leaving MPICI to start his Ramón y Cajal fellowship at the University of Cádiz. All the best and lots of success!!!
• Anne is leaving MPICI to start her well-deserved retirement. Thank you soooo much! Relax, have fun and enjoy all the planned trips!
• Our first collaborative paper with Reinhard Lipowsky and Ana Vila Verde describing the mechanical properties of coiled coils is published in Chemical Science.
• Our collaborative paper with Ethan Minot and Alan Rowan describing the characterization of FRET-based protease substrates is published in ACS Omega.
• Ruben starts with his internship. He will support us with peptide synthesis. Welcome!
• Tara starts as a MSc student. In collaboration with Damien Faivre, she will express and characterize magnetosomal proteins. Welcome!
• Aránzazu del Campo (Leibniz Institute for New Materials) is visiting for a presentation.
• Geonho starts as a PhD student. He will investigate the structure-function relationships of mechanosensitive sites in collagen. Welcome!
• Together with Peter Fratzl, Petra Knaus and Christian Hiepen (FU Berlin) we have received a Flexible Funds grant from the Einstein Center for Regenerative Therapies to study the effect of ECM mechanics on growth factor-ECM interactions.
• Emilia moves from Nijmegen to Potsdam to finalize the last experiments for her PhD. Welcome and lots of success for the last months…
• Jun starts as a PhD student. He will synthesize and characterize protein-based hydrogels with built-in molecular force sensors. Welcome!
• Patricia wins the poster price at the Multiscale Mechanochemistry & Mechanobiology Conference in Berlin. Congratulations!
• Isabell wins the JMR - AFMBioMed Young Investigator Award at the AFMBioMed conference in Krakow. Congratulations!
• Our collaborative paper with Carl Figdor and Alan Rowan about the affinity-based purification of protein-polymer conjugates is accepted in Bioconjugate Chemistry.
• Daniel successfully defends his MSc project at Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences. Congratulations!
• The program of our conference 'Multiscale Mechanochemistry & Mechanobiology' goes online. Registration is still open!
• Renukka successfully defends her MSc project at Amity University in India. Congratulations!
• Together with Peter Fratzl, Petra Knaus and Christian Hiepen (FU Berlin) we have received a Kickbox grant from the Einstein Center for Regenerative Therapies to study the effect of ECM mechanics on growth factor-ECM interactions.
• Ana is leaving MPICI for TU Delft where she will start her PhD project. All the best and lots of success!!!
• Humboldt fellowship for Alberto. Congratulations!
• Joanna starts her internship in collaboration with Christian Hiepen and Petra Knaus (FU Berlin) to investigate cell stiffness with AFM. Welcome!
• Our collaborative paper with Carl Figdor and Alan Rowan about synthetic dendritic cells is accepted in ACS Omega.
• Ana starts with an internship to investigate coiled coils with single molecule force spectroscopy. Welcome!
• Renukka starts as a Master student. She will investigate spider silk proteins with single molecule force spectroscopy. Welcome!
• Ruby is leaving MPICI to start her own group at the University of Toronto. All the best and lots of success!!!
• Tetsuya Hiraiwa (University of Tokyo) is visiting for a presentation.
• Leonie Barner (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) is visiting to perform single molecule force spectroscopy of surface immobilized polymers.
• Cornelia Lee-Thedieck (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) is visiting for a presentation.
• Patricia wins the poster price at the International Symposium “Functional Biointerfaces” at FU Berlin. Congratulations!
• Isabell successfully defends her Masters project at the University of Potsdam. Well done! We are very happy that she stays as a PhD student…
• Our progress report about molecular force sensors is accepted in Advanced Materials Interfaces.
• Daniel starts as a Master student to work on the expression and characterization of magnetite binding proteins. Welcome!
• Our collaborative paper with Hans Heus on the DNA-based crosslinking of strain-stiffening materials is accepted in Advanced Functional Materials.
• Our collaborative paper with Damien Faivre on protein-templated assembly of magnetite nanoparticles is accepted in Advanced Materials Interfaces.
• Florian Rehfeldt (Georg-August-Universität Göttingen) is visiting for a presentation.
• Hester starts as a PhD student to work on the mechanical regulation of protein activity. Welcome!
• Alberto starts as a PostDoc to work on the mechanochemistry of coiled coil crosslinked materials. Welcome!
• Our collaborative paper with Ethan Minot about the generation and monitoring of single defects in carbon nanotubes is accepted in The Journal of Physical Chemistry C.
• Our collaborative paper with Guenter Schneider describing the mechanical reversibility of strain-promoted click reactions is accepted in Angewandte Chemie.
• Gülnihal Yelken (Izmir Institute of Technology, Turkey) is visiting to perform single molecule force spectroscopy on polymer surface interactions.
• Isabell starts her masters project to engineer coiled coils with metal binding sites in collaboration with Matt Harrington. Welcome!
• Lorena starts as a PhD student to work on the molecular determinants of collagen mechanics. Welcome!
• Anna starts as a PhD student to work on protein magnetite interactions in collaboration with Damien Faivre. Welcome!
• Carsten Grashoff (Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, Martinsried) is visiting for a presentation.
• Patricia starts as a PhD student to work on the molecular determinants of coiled coil mechanics. Welcome!
• Robert Gralla from the group of Cornelia Lee-Thedieck (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) is visiting to perform force spectroscopy on surface immobilized polymers.
• Humboldt fellowship for Ruby. Congratulations!
• Chun Biu Li (Hokkaido University, Sapporo) is visiting for a presentation.
• Ruby starts as a PostDoc to work on mechanical processes during bacterial adhesion. Welcome!
• Melis starts as the first PhD student to work on molecular force sensors for the extracelular matrix. Welcome!
• Reinhild starts as our molecular biology technician. Welcome!