Prof. Silvia Vignolini, Ph.D.
- 10/2009 - PhD in Physics with Distinction - University of Florence (Department of Physics) European Laboratory for Non-linear Spectroscopy LENS
- 03/2005 - MSc in Physics, marks 110/110 summa cum laude - University of Florence (Department of Physics)
Main Appointments and Affiliations
- 01/2023 - Director of the Department of Sustainable and Bio-inspired Materials (Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, MPICI)
- 10/2020 - 12/2022 - University Professor in Biomaterials and Sustainability (University of Cambridge, Department of Chemistry)
- 10/2017 - 09/2020 - University Reader in Chemistry and Biomaterials (University of Cambridge, Department of Chemistry)
- 12/2013 - 09/2017 - University Lecturer in Chemistry (University of Cambridge, Department of Chemistry)
- 05/2013 - 11/2013 - University Lecturer in Physics (University College London, Department of Physics)
- 04/2010 - 04/2013 - Postdoctoral Research Associate (University of Cambridge, Cavendish Laboratory, Department of Physics)
- 01/2009 - 03/2010 - Postdoctoral Research Associate (University of Florence, Department of Physics)
Organization of Scientific Meetings
In the past, Silvia Vignolini has successfully organized the following conferences and symposia:
- 29 Nov - 8 Dec 2021: MRS Fall 2021- Symposium SB09—Biological and Bioinspired Functional Materials—From Nature to Applications
- 20 Jul - 22 Jul 2020: Faraday Discussion, Living Light Edition, (online)
- 22 Apr - 23 Apr 2020: CELL division "New Horizons" symposium, (online)
- 21 Sep - 25 Sep 2019: Bio-inspired Material Conference, Monte Veritas Ascona, CH
- 1 Apr - 4 Apr 2019: ACS National Meeting Spring Meeting CELL Symposium 2019, Phenix, US
- 20 Aug - 23 Aug 2018: ACS National Meeting Fall 2018 – Symposium on Functional materials from biopolymer self-assembly and self-organization, Boston, USA.
- 18 Jun - 22 Jun 2018: EMRS Spring 2018 – Symposium on Advanced materials and architecture for organic, printable and bio-inspired photonics, Strasburg, FR.
- 10 Apr - 13 Apr 2018: The Living Light Conference – Local organiser of the international conference on photonics in living organisms, >100 attendees, Cambridge, UK.
- 26 Nov - 01 Dec 2017: MRS Fall 2016 – Symposium on Biological and Bioinspired Materials for Photonics and Electronics: From Living Organisms to Devices, Boston, USA.
- 02 May - 03 May 2017: Royal Society Discussion Meeting on New Horizons for Nanocellulose Technology, London, UK
- 29 Nov - 04 Dec 2016: MRS Fall 2016 – Symposium on Fabrication, Characterization and Applications of Bio-inspired Nanostructured Materials, Boston, USA.
- 29 Nov - 04 Dec 2015: MRS Fall 2015 – Symposium on engineering and application of bio-inspired materials, Boston, USA.
- 20 Apr - 23 Apr 2015: The Rank Prize Fund – Symposium on the Perception of iridescence, Grasmere, UK.