BSc-/MSc- and research practical/internship-student positions available in the Department of Biomolecular Systems in the “Carbohydrates: Structure and Function”- group
Stellenangebot vom 14. Mai 2019
Interested students are welcome to join the structural biology group to carry out a research practical, Bachelor- or Masters-thesis.
Within the group you can work on projects spanning the whole breadth of protein science, starting from cloning, protein expression and purification. That includes as well protein characterization using biophysical techniques, crystallization and structure determination using x-ray radiation. Some projects focus as well on the purification and characterization of naturally occurring carbohydrate polymers as potential substrate.
Possible projects include, but not limited to:
- Cloning, expression and purification of a glycoside hydrolases involved in biofilm degradation
- Purification and crystallization of a bacterial α-N-acetylgucosaminidase from the gut microbiome
- Purification and crystallization of antibodies against synthetic carbohydrate structures
- Purification, crystallization and rational protein design of novel glycosynthases to produce bespoke carbohydrate oligomers and polymers.
- Cloning, expression, crystallization and rational protein design of novel glycosynthases to produce bacterial mannan structures.
- Cloning expression and purification of a O-GlcNAc-transferase involved in Notch signaling
- Purification of fungal native polygalactosamine from Aspergilli
If you are interested write an E-Mail to Christian Roth (Christian.Roth@mpikg.mpg.de) with the position you are interested in in the subject line.