IMPRS, Summer Semester 2023
- Date: Jun 12, 2023
- Time: 09:30 AM - 04:30 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Speakers: Karola Dierichs (weißensee school of art and design berlin, MPIKG, Cluster of Excellence Matters of Activity), Pelin Asa, MSc (MPIKG, Cluster of Excellence Matters of Activity)
- Location: Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Department of Biomaterials
- Room: Seminar room (Biomaterials)
- Host: MPIKG
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Materials science increasingly aims not only to understand existing materials but to develop – or in other words to design – entirely new ones. In-depth and consistent methodological approaches for this newly emerging field barely exist. In this context the lecture series aims to lay the methodological foundations for design in materials science.
The lecture series will initially introduce interdisciplinary approaches to design, materials science and cultural science. Then, the focus will be on design methods for materials scientists, ranging from the development of a design vision, over a design exploration phase to parametric design modelling. No previous skills are required.
At the end of the course you will have learned the following skills:
- Development of a design vision through speculation and scenographic techniques
- Analogue and digital exploration of design ideas
- Parametric design modelling in Rhinoceros Grasshopper
The dates of the course are:
- 22. and 25. May 2023: 9.30–12.30 and 13.30–16.30 | 26. May 2023: 9.30–12.30
- 12. and 15. June 2023: 9.30-12.30 and 13.30–16.30 | 16. June 2023: 9.30-12.30
- 06. July 2023: 10.00-13.00
The course takes place: in the Biomaterials seminar room at the MPIKG in Golm.
Registration is compulsory: Please send an email to Karola Dierichs (email@example.com) by 03.05.2023. Places are limited to 10 persons and are distributed on a first come first served basis.